The Division of Neurology at the Emory University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics currently has six pediatric neurologists and two nurse practioners with a variety of research interests. The neurology team’s multidisciplinary approach is supported by a multitude of pediatric professionals including:
- Social work
- Child life specialists
As part of the team fellows:
- Work with a large and diverse population of children with a variety of neurological diseases, learning to treat acute emergencies, as well as care for chronic conditions.
- Become exposed to state-of-the-art evaluation and treatment of children with neurological disease, including epilepsy surgery, management of vagal nerve stimulators, baclofen pump management and pediatric neurophysiology.
- Receive education in all facets of adult neurology from a distinguished adult neurology faculty.
- Become the primary caretaker and leader of the inpatient neurology service, as well as in the fellows continuity clinic.
- Participate in daily medical rounds, as well as a variety of conferences with opportunities to teach and learn.