2017 Faculty Awards of Distinction Nominations
Nominations CLOSEDEach year, Department of Pediatrics faculty members are nominated by their peers and by fellows and residents for the categories below in recognition of outstanding contributions in the areas of Clinical and Teaching Expertise, Clinical and Educational Program Development, Outstanding Achievements in Research and Excellence in Mentoring.
Please take time to nominate Department of Pediatrics Faculty members who have influenced and inspired you and others to greatness as clinicians, researchers or educators, and to human compassion, innovative thinking, programming and training, research advances, and breakthroughs.
Awards will be presented at a special event, to be scheduled in the Fall (be on the lookout for date announcement and invitation!) There are 3 awards categories (with multiple awards in each category); Research, Mentoring, and Clinical/Teaching. You are encouraged to nominate faculty in each category, for each award. Please scroll down for links to each of the online nomination forms (each link will take you to a survey monkey form).
- Best Scientific Publication – Clinical/Translational – in addition to completing the online nomination, send full citation and a PDF of the nominated publication to email@example.com
- Best Scientific Publication – Basic ScienceJunior Faculty Researcher of the Year
- Research Mentor
- Teaching Mentor
- Career Development Mentor
- Innovations in Clinical Program Development
- Humanitarian Award for Compassionate, Patient, and Family Centered Care
- Joe Snitzer Master Clinician Award for Clinical Expertise
- Teacher of the Year – General Pediatrics
- Teacher of the Year – Subspecialty Pediatrics
- Innovations in Teaching Program Development
- Career Teaching Award
Faculty Award nominations are solicited from all DOP faculty, via Emory email listserv(s). Nominations are reviewed and awardees are selected by the Teaching/Clinical Awards Committee, the Research Awards Committee and the Mentoring Awards Committee.
Awards are sponsored by the Department of Pediatrics and are separate and distinct from any Fellow or Resident Faculty Awards. Pediatric Fellows and Residents, please participate in nominating faculty for these awards!!